Hit The Trails - Running Coach for College and High School Runners
I have a special gift for working with young athletes. I believe not only in creating a team environment but also on life lessons. I am a mentor as well as a person that strives to get the very best out of his athletes.
I have been involved in running for over 30 years as a competitor and coach. To date I have run over 150 races, 18 marathons (including Boston) 42 ½ marathons.
I coached Newsome High School XC and track in 2007 – 2008. Bringing the girls team to 4th and 6th in the state.
My specialty is Speed and Agility for XC and track runners.
I have a proven track record privately coaching individuals High School athletes. Here are a few that have obtained high achievements.
- Keegan Bixler – Newsome High School – 4th State in the mile / top ten State XC . Graduated Naval Academy 2013.
- Lindsey LaSavage – Newsome High School – Girls Soccer Captain – Now attending Loyola University in Maryland on a soccer scholarship.
- Conner Powers – Newsome High School – Football Fullback – Personally trained for Speed and Power. Now attending Florida Atlantic University.
- John Mitchell – Durant High School – top ten State XC – 1st mile and 800 meters in the State. Now attending University of Florida on track scholarship. Graduated 2014
- Mike Zwijacz – Newsome High School – 10 top mile in the State top twenty State XC -. Now attending University of Tampa on a running scholarship – Graduated 2014
- Michael Babinec Riverview High School – Top 10 State XC – Now attending USF on a running Scholarship. #USF runner
Speed and Agility Coach for Fishhawk Soccer club and Houston Dynamos soccer club.
Operate two Speed and Agility Camps during the summer with 50 athletes.
I presently Coach a XC Middle school girls team that I formed. The HTTR Tornadoes.
Coach Steve Dunn
Steve Dunn- Owner of Hit the Trails. 25 years of running experience, Marathoner, Adventure racer, over 150 races completed, Newsome High School XCountry and Track, RRCA certified running coach.
Speed and Agility is our speciality!
Do you want to become faster, more agile, stronger. We can help you. With over $2000.00 of equipment. Over 20 years experience. Steve Dunn gets results!
Group Training Programs
Do you have a group of friends that want to complete a race together? I can put together Group training rates and programs. Call 813-309-5029.
First session $50 per hour- private consultation includes training run and evaluation.
Multiple Sessions $40.00 per hour:
All sessons include, three different workouts to build endurance, power and speed. Evaluation of your running form, Strength training exercises, nutrition and race preparation, personalized program to meet your goals.
Payment can be done via Check; make Payments to Steve Dunn, Cash, or Visa, Master Card, Amex via telephone or in person..
- Payment must be paid in advance.
- No refunds for any reason.
- Training programs and nutritional material are property of Hit the Trails.
- Communication between Athlete and coach are confidential.